Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Being Human BBC2

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Being Human BBC2 Empty Being Human BBC2 Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:30 pm

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Awesome show that has now finished its first season about 3 people sharing one house and all have something in common with each other.

One is a vampire, one a werewolf and the other a ghost.

This show had so much money thrown at it and it really worked, the special effects on the werewolf transformation were so good (NO CGI INVOLVED!) it took me back to one of my many fav horror films An American Werewolf In London.

Any thoughts on this?... Very Happy

http://www.enigma.uk.net

2Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

I haven't seen this, my only thought on reading what you've said is that i wish i had...Sad It sounds very interesting. I guess i'll have to catch it next time round or do the ususal and catch the series on DVD or Blu-ray

3Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:11 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Impaladreams wrote:I haven't seen this, my only thought on reading what you've said is that i wish i had...Sad It sounds very interesting. I guess i'll have to catch it next time round or do the ususal and catch the series on DVD or Blu-ray

That's a shame as it really was a breath of fresh air, its not usually us Brits that have the kind of money to throw at a show like Being Human.
Put it this way, its funny yet dark, but has Buffy and Angel elements also..very well scripted and much more than deserves a second season Cool

I'll give you a heads up when its coming to DVD and Blu-ray, we usually get wind of things like this before release schedules.

4Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:17 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

supernaturalfan wrote:
Impaladreams wrote:I haven't seen this, my only thought on reading what you've said is that i wish i had...Sad It sounds very interesting. I guess i'll have to catch it next time round or do the ususal and catch the series on DVD or Blu-ray

That's a shame as it really was a breath of fresh air, its not usually us Brits that have the kind of money to throw at a show like Being Human.
Put it this way, its funny yet dark, but has Buffy and Angel elements also..very well scripted and much more than deserves a second season Cool

I'll give you a heads up when its coming to DVD and Blu-ray, we usually get wind of things like this before release schedules.

Coolness! Cool I do like a bit of insider information...lol it sounds right up my street, I'm sorry I missed it first time round. Have they picked it up for a second season? Question

5Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:14 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Coolness! Cool I do like a bit of insider information...lol it sounds right up my street, I'm sorry I missed it first time round. Have they picked it up for a second season? Question[/quote]

Hey Jane, I have been told that Being Human Season 2 has had the greenlight to make a return to BBC3 sometime later on this year. My sources are pretty much reliable and for the best part correct.

Im wondering....what about if you go to the BBC iplayer online have a hunt for season 1 on there, that would be your best bet, or, on the 20th April they are releasing the first season to DVD boxset. If you would like a set you can always rely on us to get them! Cool

6Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:05 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

I've not used the BBC iplayer on-line yet, so maybe it's time I gave it a go. I'll know right away if it's a series I'll watch. It certainly sounds as if it's got all the right ingredients and then I can invest in the dvd's. Very Happy

Let me check it out first and then i'll let you know about the boxsets...It's good to know it's been picked up for a second series, nothing worse than getting into a really good series and then it disappearing for ever. I was very disappointed that Jericho never got a proper crack of the whip for a full season 2. Shocked Mad

Another horror genre series that I really enjoyed recently was Moonlight, again i missed the entire series on TV and had it recommended to me by so many people, so I bought the set and it's now one of our favourite series. I'm hoping that's been picked up for season 2. cyclops

7Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Impaladreams wrote:I've not used the BBC iplayer on-line yet, so maybe it's time I gave it a go. I'll know right away if it's a series I'll watch. It certainly sounds as if it's got all the right ingredients and then I can invest in the dvd's. Very Happy

Let me check it out first and then i'll let you know about the boxsets...It's good to know it's been picked up for a second series, nothing worse than getting into a really good series and then it disappearing for ever. I was very disappointed that Jericho never got a proper crack of the whip for a full season 2. Shocked Mad

Another horror genre series that I really enjoyed recently was Moonlight, again i missed the entire series on TV and had it recommended to me by so many people, so I bought the set and it's now one of our favourite series. I'm hoping that's been picked up for season 2. cyclops

Awesome, yeah I saw bits and pieces of Moonlight but never did get to see all of it, might have to put an order in with my main order for next time with my suppliers!! Very Happy
As for Jericho, what I did see of it, season 1 looked very cool, wasn't it like a post-apocolyptic world etc Question
It had Skeet Ulrich as a lead character in it, he looked like he was up for the job and I thought his character in the first Scream film was very good.

Damn shame it never made a season 2 though, hey...maybe Eric Kripke should pick this one up if Supernatural finishes at Season 5!

Here's a true story for you guys....

When CBS canceled Jericho in May 2007, fans began sending nuts to CBS in reference to the shows final episode, in which the main character referenced the Battle of the Bulge when he answered "NUTS" to a request to surrender. Three weeks later, over 8 million nuts had been shipped to CBS NY and CBS LA offices totaling over 40,000 pounds. Nina Tassler, president of CBS, sent out a memo on 6 June 2007 saying they have ordered seven more episodes to air within the year. They also asked the fans to stop sending nuts...

Now that's what I call a fan base!! lol! lol! lol!

8Being Human BBC2 Empty being Human missed most of them Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:49 am

Penmin

Yes I liked Being Human, a good serise, I only saw the first 3 though as being on BBC3 kept forgetting it was on, still if the DVDs are out soon I can watch it again at leisure, thanks for that info, pity it was aired on the digital channel as it deserved a better slot.

Jacq

9Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 am

Schelzie

Schelzie

I have to say, I watched it from beginning to end and loved it! What an awesome series, it was defo a breath of fresh air. To be honest I don't watch a lot of brit shows which is bad but this caught my attention from the start. My fav character was the werewolf, George, he was completely convincing during transformations, I was gripping the sheets every time he changed. Thumbs up!

http://a3voice.livejournal.com/

10Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:19 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Actually the other day they showed the making of Being Human on TV and also showed how they done the werewolf transformation. What I love about the transformation that George goes through is so so similar to that of An American Werewolf In London, which is one of my favourite horror films of all time. With hardly any (and I dont hink they even used it) CGI involved this is what got me totally hooked, it was a shame though that George didn't transform more than he did, probably all down to how much money they were going to throw at the first series.

Cannot wait for Season 2 which has had the green light for the last month or so and has allowed the team to produce a 12 episode run...coooool Very Happy

11Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Schelzie

Schelzie

*sulk* Maaan I didn't see the making and I've never seen *American werewolf in London* but I can totally agree about him not transforming enough, he did it so well, very emotional each time. *squishes George*

Yay for season 2!!! Any dates??

I can't wait to see George's gf...

12Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Schelzie!! You must hunt down a copy of American Werewolf In London immediately! Cool

One of the best horror films of all time, well, I think so and Ive been watching horror films for the best part of 30 years now...whoops...showing me age! Crying or Very sad

13Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Schelzie wrote:*sulk* Maaan I didn't see the making and I've never seen *American werewolf in London* but I can totally agree about him not transforming enough, he did it so well, very emotional each time. *squishes George*

Yay for season 2!!! Any dates??

I can't wait to see George's gf...

Schelzie!!

I gotta agree with Supernaturalfan - You gotta see An American Werewolf in London, it is an outstanding film, that still holds it's ground against anything CGI has thrown up. It is awesome, scary, funny and poignant. A real Must-See film. Now get off that PS3, put your guitar down for a little while and go get a copy of AAWIL. lol

14Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Glad you agree Jane, when I first saw An American Werewolf In London it scared me silly, remember the dream sequence in the woods were the lead character see's himself lying on a hospital bed in the woods and his eyes snap open...hehe I shall say no more, but what a film and one that no one should miss especially if they are into Werewolf films!! Very Happy

I always make sure I have a copy in my shop, it just wouldn't be the same without it in my horror section! Cool

John

15Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:15 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

supernaturalfan wrote:Glad you agree Jane, when I first saw An American Werewolf In London it scared me silly, remember the dream sequence in the woods were the lead character see's himself lying on a hospital bed in the woods and his eyes snap open...hehe I shall say no more, but what a film and one that no one should miss especially if they are into Werewolf films!! Very Happy

I always make sure I have a copy in my shop, it just wouldn't be the same without it in my horror section! Cool

John

Hey John, Cool

There's only two things in the world I'll admit to being terrifeid of - that's wasps and werewolves!!m Despite that, AAWIL is just soo totally excellent it's one of my fav fils like - ever. It's got enough humour in it to take the edge off of it, but there are scenes in it that I can picture as viidly today as when I first saw it. The transformation was petrifyingly convincing, the dream sequence as you say...OMG!! and what about the subway chase, it still flitters through my mind everytime I get to the escalators!! lol
In fact, I need to go get me a copy of that film, it's way way too long since I last looked at it. affraid Like a Star @ heaven affraid Like a Star @ heaven affraid
Did you go look at the quiz! I got it up there eventually, sorry it took so long, but I got all my tickets to see the boys and the photoshoots for Asylum!!! Now I'm just so darn excited, I'm losing what little sanity I have left!!! and I just don't care! What a Face What a Face What a Face

16Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:27 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Hey John, Cool

There's only two things in the world I'll admit to being terrifeid of - that's wasps and werewolves!!m Despite that, AAWIL is just soo totally excellent it's one of my fav fils like - ever. It's got enough humour in it to take the edge off of it, but there are scenes in it that I can picture as viidly today as when I first saw it. The transformation was petrifyingly convincing, the dream sequence as you say...OMG!! and what about the subway chase, it still flitters through my mind everytime I get to the escalators!! lol
In fact, I need to go get me a copy of that film, it's way way too long since I last looked at it. affraid Like a Star @ heaven affraid Like a Star @ heaven affraid
Did you go look at the quiz! I got it up there eventually, sorry it took so long, but I got all my tickets to see the boys and the photoshoots for Asylum!!! Now I'm just so darn excited, I'm losing what little sanity I have left!!! and I just don't care! What a Face What a Face What a Face[/quote]

Hey Jane, yeah wasps aren't good! I remember being stung by one some years back, eviiiil Evil or Very Mad
The only other film that ramps up as much tension to that of AAWIL is a gem of a film called 'REC', its a spanish horror and one NOT to be missed, hell im a 36 year old hardened horror fan and this had my knees knocking!! Check out reviews! Cool

Or, if you dont fancy reading subtitles, which there arent that many of once the film gets going there's always the American remake called Quarantine, check that out also. Both films work extremely well and both are filled with dread.
Well, im not going to say anymore otherwise I'll spoil it for viewers but lets just say if you enoyed 28 days/weeks later your going to enjoy this!! Twisted Evil MWAAHAAHAAARR!

17Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Castielfan

Castielfan

I thought Rec was excellent too. My brother recommended it to me but told me not to read anything about it first but just watch it and see what happens. It was soooo good!! The last few scenes were the damn freakiest thing I've seen in ages!! Haven't seen Quaratine though - I'm not sure it would have the same impact now.

18Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Schelzie

Schelzie

supernaturalfan wrote:Schelzie!! You must hunt down a copy of American Werewolf In London immediately! Cool

One of the best horror films of all time, well, I think so and Ive been watching horror films for the best part of 30 years now...whoops...showing me age! Crying or Very sad

I will most def hunt me a copy of it, I love horrors! I'm always close to a heart attack but love to watch them anyway:D Cheers SPNFAN!

19Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:48 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

I will most def hunt me a copy of it, I love horrors! I'm always close to a heart attack but love to watch them anyway:D Cheers SPNFAN![/quote]

No problem Schelzie, yeah, just make sure when you watch An American Werewolf In London you watch it in the dark for maximum effect!! pale

20Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Schelzie

Schelzie

Hahahah I wouldn't have my own demise any other way Wink

21Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Okay, so I'm adding REC to my list of films to watch...Damned if I don't need more hours in the day!! Love me a good horror affraid
Schelzie, you're soooo gonna love AAWIL cat pig monkey (closest to werewolves I could get)...The words "Don't stray off the path!" have never left me!! It's good advice and I'm sticking to it! pig

22Being Human BBC2 Empty Re: Being Human BBC2 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Hey Jane

I wanna know your thoughts on REC once you have seen it. Yeah, AAWIL haunts me to, especially if me and the mrs take a trip down to Bodmin moors! AAGGGHHHHHHH silent

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum