Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shooter really isn't overtly political

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shooter really isn't overtly political Empty Shooter really isn't overtly political Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

sharonsun

This is a film about a tough man; I love watch this kind of film. Because I love man like that, responsible, single minded, virile. That man is what I wanted. I’m really glad I have watched this film, really a good work. Good story, good actor, all things are really great.
Mark Wahlbergis an ex-Special Ops sharpshooter who has been retired since finishing a tour of duty in Ethiopia. He's living in middle of nowhere when Colonel Isaac Johnson (Danny Glover) and his "guard dog," Jack Payne (Elias Koteas), arrive on his doorstep asking for help. According to their intel, someone is planning to assassinate the President in the next two weeks. They would like Swagger to do some recon and figure out how best to foil the attack. He agrees and soon finds himself in Philadelphia trying to save the President's life, then finding the tables turned when he is framed for the assassination attempt. With two bullets in him, he's on the run from thousands of law enforcement officials. He has only two allies: Sarah (Kate Mara), the girlfriend of his ex-Marine partner, and FBI agent Nick Memphis (Michael Pena), who has discovered evidence of a conspiracy.
Shooter really isn't overtly political. (For example, we don't know whether the President is a Democrat or Republican, and it doesn't matter.) It gets in its jabs, but this is primarily the struggle of one man against the system, and that's a battle everyone can relate to. The movie taps into something visceral in each of us and keeps us wondering what Swagger will do next and how he will escape from each successive trap. Involvement is key to any thriller's success and Shooter delivers it. Even in a climate where the pervasive influence of 24 can be argued to have caused "thriller fatigue," Shooter is worth the price of admission

collect cheap dvds , Cheap tv series dvd collection, fine package and clear image
True Blood Season 3 DVD Box Set
Glee Season 1 DVD Box Set
Modern Family Season 1 DVD Box Set
The Office Season 6 DVD Box Set

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum