Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season 6 Rumours Resurface

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season 6 Rumours Resurface Empty Season 6 Rumours Resurface Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:09 am

Rob

Rob
Admin

Every time CW president Dawn Ostroff takes questions from the press, we always get the same debate: will there be a sixth season for Supernatural?

Over the weekend, Ostroff spoke at the January press tour for the Television Critics Association, and once again she was asked whether season 6 is going to happen for Supernatural. While there's little new in her answer, things are definitely looking up for fans who want more Sam and Dean.

Ostroff talked about how pleased she is with the creativity of the writers this season, the boost in ratings, particularly among women, and the fact that Supernatural is a very good fit with the network's newest hit, The Vampire Diaries.

She also talked about creator Eric Kripke. While every fan knows that he came into the show with a five-year plan, Ostroff believes he has more than enough talent and creativity to keep Supernatural going, as does his writing staff. According to her, Kripke is keeping a very open mind about a possible season 6.

None of this should come as a surprise, as the CW is desperate to keep hold of anything that works. The network is struggling with a very week Tuesday night lineup of '90s reboots and a general lack of original programming.

With repeats on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until March, the CW will only be airing five hours of original programming per week for the next two months. That's hardly enough to sustain a major network, so Ostroff is certainly hoping and praying that Supernatural will stick around for another year.

http://www.everythingsupernatural.co.uk

2Season 6 Rumours Resurface Empty Re: Season 6 Rumours Resurface Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Hey Rob,

Very Happy bounce cheers bounce Very Happy

You're right, season six rumours have been bouncing around like there's no tomorrow, however, it looks like it's a rumour no more!! Check out the link!! Cool

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3886

It has now been confirmed that both Supernatural and Smallville have been picked up for new series.

Such good news! Laughing Laughing Laughing

3Season 6 Rumours Resurface Empty Re: Season 6 Rumours Resurface Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

JohnsGirl

Thanks for the info - I'm so happy that the rumours are true. We are still waiting for Season 5 to begin over here in the UK. Only a couple more weeks to go!! Woo!! bounce bounce bounce

4Season 6 Rumours Resurface Empty Re: Season 6 Rumours Resurface Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Hiya JohnsGirl,

I couldn't agree more, I'm still doing my happy dance!! cheers bounce Basketball bounce cheers
Season 6 - the one we all thought we'd never get - and even better, they're all back on board, it would never be the same if any of them left!

I'm really looking forward to the start of the new season on Living too - my new Favourite channel! From Kripke's interviews where he's prveiously heavily hinted that he was planning the 6th season, it sounds like it's going to be a return to more of a Season 1 type scenario. Twisted Evil Whatever it is, he and the writers have never let us down yet, so I can't wait to see what S5 ans S6 have got in store for us!
pirat affraid pirat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum