Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christmas Cottage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Christmas Cottage Empty The Christmas Cottage Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Rob

Rob
Admin

Has anyone seen this movie? Here is a review

Returning home from college one Christmas, young artist Thomas Kinkade (Jared Padalecki) is dismayed to learn that attempts to promote local tourism have failed and his mother (Marcia Gay Harden) is dangerously close to losing the family cottage to foreclosure. Inspired by his mentor, Glen (Peter O' Toole), a famous artist who lives next door, Thom accepts a job painting a mural of his small, idyllic hometown. With Glen's help, Thom not only discovers his calling as the Painter of Light(tm) but also helps the town rediscover the true spirit of Christmas in this nostalgic, humorous and heartwarming true story destined to become a holiday classic.

I havnt seen it, just wondered if anyone else had

http://www.everythingsupernatural.co.uk

2The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 pm

birdie

birdie

hey Rob.
I think jane's got a copy of it but i don't think sje's watched it yet? That right Jane? Bev xx

3The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

birdie wrote:hey Rob.
I think jane's got a copy of it but i don't think sje's watched it yet? That right Jane? Bev xx

That is indeed right, got it - ain't watched it yet...
I think every time you come down we have some vague plan that we're gonna watch it, but then we get oggling at screen savers, or past epis, or get wrapped up in 5000+ word story notes!! cyclops

I managed to get hold of a copy which arrived just after Christmas, but with all the rush we didn't get round to watching it (the kids didn't fancy it and they monopolised the Christmas viewing. Plus we were writing "The 12 Saves of Christmas" santa which as you know took up every waking moment for several years!!
So one way or another, it just hasn't happened. Crying or Very sad

I promise I'll watch it soon. Then I'll post up a review...

If you like Rob, I can bring it along to the Hilton and you can have a lend, or I'll pop it in the post for ya...Let me know if you fancy it. What a Face

4The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Rob

Rob
Admin

Yeah id like to check it out, I was thinking of selling it on the site but im not sure how popular it would be beingsthats its kinda themed towards a certain time of year

5The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 pm

birdie

birdie

Rob wrote:Yeah id like to check it out, I was thinking of selling it on the site but im not sure how popular it would be beingsthats its kinda themed towards a certain time of year

I'll bring popcorn and we can all watch it at Asylum...hahahahahahaha Now if its sentimental will ya get all teary, Rob?

6The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Hey hun,
We can add that to our list of 'Things to do at the Hilton' we'll rig up some speakers, get the ice creams in and have our own personal viewing... I'll get it watched and post it on up! cyclops

7The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Rob

Rob
Admin

Yeah theres a good chance I will, Ive been known to get abit emotional over a good TV Show, dont know if you have ever watched The Wire, Season 4 of that gets me everytime and anything to do with the character Bubs in that show gets me choked up as soon as hes on screen so yeah im abit of a sap

8The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:15 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Rob wrote:Yeah theres a good chance I will, Ive been known to get abit emotional over a good TV Show, dont know if you have ever watched The Wire, Season 4 of that gets me everytime and anything to do with the character Bubs in that show gets me choked up as soon as hes on screen so yeah im abit of a sap

Your not alone regarding a little sap-idge dude, hell, I got choked up last night watching Ep10 Heaven and Hell Supernatural last night when Dean was finding it very difficult to explain to Sam how long he was in Hell for....4 months NOOOOO try 40 years, awesome acting. Wonder if they get the guys to sniff onions to get their eyes watery before camera rolls???? Smile

http://www.enigma.uk.net

9The Christmas Cottage Empty Re: The Christmas Cottage Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

OMG you weren't alone in getting all teary eyed at the end on H&H - my god those boys can act. Sad Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum