Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kurt Fuller Interview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kurt Fuller Interview Empty Kurt Fuller Interview Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

Rob

Rob
Admin

Kurt Fuller usually doesn't audition for episodic shows.

"Because I think I'm so great," he jokes. "But when I watched 'Supernatural' I was impressed. I was like, 'How much money do they spend on this show?' So I did the audition."

Fuller was asked to imagine his character, the smarmy angel Zachariah, as "Morgan Freeman playing God."

"I was so excited, because I usually play a-holes," Fuller joked at the Creation Entertainment Salute to Supernatural event on March 27. "I called my agent and said, 'I'm finally playing a really nice guy!' Zachariah was going to be Barney Fife! Andy Griffith!"

"Then I got the script for my second episode and I wasn't so nice. By the third episode, I was stealing people's lungs and giving them stomach cancer. So I've just decided that apparently I'm incapable playing a nice guy. I turn all my characters bad. I'm the meanest man on TV, but hey... it's a living."

Fuller, a TV veteran who has been worked on everything from "Knight Rider" to "Glee," spent an hour giving fans an inside scoop not only on "Supernatural" but also on his co-stars from various projects.

On working with "Supernatural" star Jared Padalecki: "Things can get pretty dramatic on set. It's a heavily scripted show without much room for improvisation, so they make their own fun. I had a very intense scene with Jensen Ackles. We were in each other's faces, being very serious... and suddenly Jared snuck up behind me and shot the compressed air that they used to clean the lenses up my pants leg. That was, uh... a surprise."

On being mean to Jensen Ackles' character, Dean: "Look. Jensen Ackles has everything I want. He's in great shape. He's got a full head of hair. He's got a square jawline. He's a big star! And then his character calls me a douche. So yes. Yes, I really enjoy being mean to Dean. I'd be a lot meaner if they'd let me."

On how James Roday got him a role on "Psych": "James' real life girlfriend, Maggie Lawson, is on the show, and she's my neighbor. I see her in Starbucks all the time. So basically he called me and told me to stop hitting on his girlfriend... and eventually offered me a role on Psych."

On working with Jessica Biel: "Look, I read the tabloids, and I go on TMZ. So I thought Jessica Biel thought she was all that. She turned out to be the nicest, hardest working, most normal person. I was so shocked by how nice she was. And Justin Timberlake came to the set, too, and I expected them to just think they were too cool for people, but they weren't like that at all."

On working with "30 Rock's" Tracy Morgan: "The Tracy Morgan you see is the Tracy Morgan in real life. He's a great guy but... man, is he a nut. We were doing a scene in a church and it was 95 degrees out, and I'm playing a priest, so I'm wearing this collar and sweating. And then Tracy fell asleep on my lap for three hours. He was drooling in my lap! But I'm just Kurt Fuller and he's Tracy Morgan, so I can't wake him up. He'd wake up and go, "Thanks man, thanks for letting me sleep on you," and I'm like "Thanks man? You're Tracy Morgan! How about a thousand dollars?"

On working with Will Smith: "He's a normal guy, laughs a lot. He's a really good father, he was very focused on keeping his son in line, not letting him get a big head. The Will Smith that you see in movies is exactly the same as Will Smith in real life. Except for when he plays a superhero, because the real Will Smith can't fly. He can only hover."

http://www.everythingsupernatural.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]