Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season 3 Music List.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season 3 Music List..... Empty Season 3 Music List..... Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 am

Rob

Rob
Admin

Season Three

Episode 3x01 - The Magnificent Seven
Recap Song: AC/DC - Hell's Bells
Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
Howling Diablos - Mean Little Town
J.B. Burnett - I Shall Not Be Moved
The title of this episode was originally that of a western but was also a song by The Clash.

Episode 3x02 - The Kids Are Alright
Goodnight City - 40,000 Miles
The title of the episode is the title of a single by the band The Who off the group's first album My Generation. The title was also used for a 1979 documentary on the band.
Ben received an AC/DC album as a birthday gift.

Episode 3x03 - Bad Day at Black Rock
Daniel May - Women's Wear
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Vaya con Dios

Episode 3x04 - Sin City
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through the Jungle
Brimstone Howl - Bad Seed
Sasquatch - Nikki
Mother Superior - Did You See It
The episode title is from the song by AC/DC.

Episode 3x05 - Bedtime Stories
No non-original music
Dean introduces himself and Sam as Dectectives Page and Plant. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were the lead guitarist and lead vocalist for the band Led Zeppelin

Episode 3x06 - Red Sky at Morning
No non-original music

Episode 3x07 - Fresh Blood
David Feldstein - Seven Minutes to Heaven
Bad Company - Crazy Circles

Episode 3x08 - A Very Supernatural Christmas
Jay Gruska (staff composer) - 12 Days of Christmas
Burton Music Library - All Because of Mr. Santa Claus
Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles - Silent Night (in character as Sam & Dean)
Burton Music Library - O Come All Ye Faithful (choral)
Rosemary Clooney - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
The following Christmas songs were played but the artists are currently unknown:

Jingle Bells
Silent Night
Joy to the World (organ version)
Deck the Halls
O Come All Ye Faithful (from music box)
We Wish You a Merry Little Christmas
Jingle Bells (piano version)
Sleigh Ride (instrumental)
The instrumentals for public domain songs are likely just played by the staff musicians as the 12 Days of Christmas was.

Episode 3x09 - Malleus Maleficarum
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You
In this episode Sam and Dean introduce themselves as agents "Bachman" and "Turner". A play off the classic rock band Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

Episode 3x10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
Mama Cass Elliot - Dream a Little Dream of Me
The title of the episodes is the title of a classic song most famously recorded by Cass Elliot of The Mamas & The Papas. Her version is played during the episode.

Episode 3x11 - Mystery Spot
Asia - Heat of the Moment
Huey Louis and the News - Back in Time

Episode 3x12 - Jus in Bello
No Non-Original Music
Henricksen exlaims "I shot the sheriff" to which Dean replies "but you didn't shoot the deputy." I Shot the Sheriff is a Bob Marley song with the chorus "I shot the sheriff / but I didn't shoot the deputy."

Episode 3x13 - Ghostfacers
Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band
Focus - Hocus Pocus
Leslie Gore - It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to
The Ghostfacers theme was written for the show but is a parody of other reality show theme songs.

Episode 3x14 - Long-Distance Caller
No Non-Original Music

The title of this episode is similar to a song by blues musician Muddy Waters, "Long Distance Call", but the more direct reference is to a The Twilight Zone episode also called "Long Distance Call" that has the same plot device and some similar scenes.

Episode 3x15 - Time Is on My Side
No Non-Original Music

The title of this episode is a reference to the song "Time Is on Your Side" by Jerry Ragovoy most famously covered by the Rolling Stones. It was also featured in the movie Fallen whose version of the demon Azazel frequently sings it.

Episode 3x16 - No Rest for the Wicked
Recap Song: Kansas - Carry on My Wayward Son
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (Also sung along by Padalecki and Ackles in character as Sam and Dean)
Sam told Dean he should have been rocking "Eye of the Tiger" after he gave a psych up speech. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor was written for the movie Rocky III and has since become a standard song for movies and TV shows to play during psych up speechs.
Sam and Dean's discussion on Bon Jovi was a callback to episode 2x14 - Born Under a Bad Sign in which Dean makes fun of Sam for liking Bon Jovi.
Dean's ID says his name is Mr. Hagar. Sammy Hagar was the replacement lead vocalist for Van Halen after David Lee Roth left the band.
The episode title is the title of several rock and metal albums and songs most famously a 1988 album by Ozzy Osbourne.

Season Three DVD Extras
Gag Reel: Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me (with Jensen Ackles sing-along)
Supernatural Effects: ZZ Top - La Grange

http://www.everythingsupernatural.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum