Everything Supernatural Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everything Supernatural Community

Merry Christmas 'Natural Fans!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Hi Guys, Very Happy

Sorry I've not been around for a while but I've been in a caravan in Mersea Island all week with the worst wireless connection in the world. I'm now up in sunny Yorkshire with the totally insane birdie (just checking she's taking her meds!) and have connection on my new baby lappie, it's very sweet but a bit slower than biggie! cyclops

So I thought we could all post any photos and stuff here so everyone can see what we got up to!! clown What a Face alien

2Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Empty Minutes of Huntergirls meeting Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 am

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Minutes

Meeting took place at the Hilton Exec Lounge April 4th 12.00ish

Present: Bev, Alison, Lou, Jacq, Cal, Tallie, Jane

Brief introduction to the huntergirls: we are a group of fans, officionados and stalkers (optionally). Most of us are writers/reviewers of all things supernatural.
This is our fourth meeting.
We get together, share pictures, swap episodes etc and talk/ drool all things SN.

Discussion of name:
Huntergirls – raises issues with male members.
Suggestions: Huntergirls
Great Writers & Reviewers
Pukwudgies
Pentangels

We will continue to think about possible suggestions for names.

Drabble challenge – use Hilt & shrapnel to write 100 word drabble. Deadline 4.00pm.

Asylum 3 discussion: jigsaws!
Lanyards: The only small quantity we can order is white. We would like the thicker lanyard – as Bev’s sample. Rough cost: about £3 each. Lou will design something for them.
Tee shirts – either the flaming skull or the raised from perdition. Maybe add the sigil on one sleeve. Revamp on sigil to include possible decorative border
For the packs – asylum print, lanyards. Any further ideas, e-mailed to Alison.
Check numbers for goodies to bring.

Artwork competition – entries from Tallie and Lou. Ilka judged, Tallie won. Winning entry to be posted on Huntergirls forum.

Drabble competition: four entries, from Jane, Bev, Alison & Jacq – Jacq & Bev joint winners. Entries to be posted on ungen and forum.

Drooling commenced 3:20pm.

AOB:

Re: cottage for October half-term. Same budget as last year - £100 all in. Anywhere in UK. Bev to send e-mail to me to forward on to everyone here, + Ilka & Kirsty.

Next meeting – 4th July.

T-shirts: Everyone chooses which t-shirt. Add the sigil to the right sleeve. Send round designs to choose.

ACTIONS: Lou – revamp sigil
lanyards
Bev - print asylum montage & send to Alison.
Send Cal t-shirt designs to send on for people to choose
Forward Cal e-mail from last year to send on to everyone about Halloween cottage
Cal – forward on designs to everyone at Asylum to choose
Forward e-mail about cottage
Forward artwork comp entries to Jane to post as mod on forum
Tallie – send Cal group pic to send round
All - send Cal possible dates for next, post-Asylum gathering
Any further ideas for names to be discussed on forum
Any further ideas for Asylum packs to be forwarded to Alison
Drabblers – Post drabbles on ungen, Jane to link on forum.

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Bev's joint winning entry
Final Reckoning by birdie - 100 words on the nose

The slender knife drew Lucifer’s dread power like a fragile church spire draws pure, white lightning.
His wrath blasted the bloodied stiletto from Dean’s trembling hand, shattering the brittle blade, driving its unholy shrapnel deep into his shrinking flesh, corrupting as it tore and wasted.
The remnants of the ruined instrument of final redemption embedded to the hilt in the hunter’s side, loosing a crimson tide as his screams of agony and despair rent the air.
In the darkness, Sam writhed in the cover of the shadows, the weight of his guilt obliterating the last warm vestiges of his heart.

Penmin's joint winning entry

Dean plunged the sword to the hilt feeling wrong, it wasn’t evil, he’d used other tools at hand, found nothing else would work, tried again, it came at him, furious, unearthly, he grabbed the grenade, it looked at him fear in its eyes, he began to enjoy this, the end game was always the same, hunt, fight, something dies, hopefully not him this time, he threw the grenade, the explosion finished it, he didn’t jump out of the way, shrapnel caught him in the chest, he died.

Sam smirked “so you get to level six yet?”

Dean snarled, “Bite Me!”

Alena's entry

Drabble Challenge
Challenge Words: Shrapnel Hilt

The sky shifted from grey to dark crimson and an ominous rumble filled the air. Two figures huddled under cover of the twisted remains of a once-classic car. Molten metal, fragments of stone and partially cooked flesh rained down on them as shrapnel from the impact.
The shorter figure lay slumped against the other, hand clasped tightly to his side. When he shifted awkwardly to one side, his bloody hand slipping limply away, his companion could just see the ornate hilt of a dagger buried deep into his side. There was a distant crack and the world shivered and turned...

Impaladreams Entry

Drabble Challenge
100 words

Trust by Impaladreams

Rivulets of sweat trickled into his panicked eyes as hands shaking, Sam tightened his tenuous grip on the hilt of the darkly glowing blade. Blood now poured unchecked from the raw, gaping wound onto the stained cover, flowing freely as the jagged shrapnel left his brother’s quivering thigh.

Trusting green eyes gazed up, focus wavering as Dean shuddered, gripped his brother’s arm, nodding his encouragement.

“Just do it, Sammy” The soft words ghosted from between his pallid lips.

Sam closed his eyes, swallowed thickly, fighting back the bile that threatened to overwhelm him as he bent to the grim task.

We'd all love to hear what you think of them!!

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

The winning artwork on the day was by the very talented Isis, hopefully I'll manage to post it without messing it up. Here goes!! The artwork prompt was

"Family Don't End With Blood"

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Watch10

Isis won a complete basic set of the Inkworks Supernatural Connections Cards for her winning entry cheers

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Tumbleweed did some beautiful artwork as prizes for the event, I'm hoping she'll post them up here for you all to see!! Pretty please, Cal? Very Happy

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Wow, you girls sure know how to write! All of these were really great and intruiging all the same, a talent for sure! I wouldn't know where to begin! Shocked

I was looking at the minutes list, very informative I must say, it takes me back to when I used to work for a council and the minutes I used to do!

I was looking at the discussion of name part of the minutes were the Hunter girls talk about raising issues with male members? I believe there's only two male members, Rob the moderator and myself?

Is it because there aren't enough male members on the forums? Im surprised there aren't more male members myself! Very Happy

So were are the pictures of 'The Do', must post 'em up soon! Very Happy

http://www.enigma.uk.net

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Hey John, alien
Sorry for the delay with the pictures, I've been travelling all over the place the last week or so and have had crappy connections. I'm home now, surrounded by piles of unpacking and washing, so the quiz and photos whould be up a bit later today.
I've got two laptops on the go at the moment and I've got stuff all over the place, so as usual I need to get my act in gear... farao (had an Egyptian moment!)
They will be forthcoming!! bom
I have a lovely one of synchronised screensavers!! lol cyclops
Back later with the piccies and quiz.
geek

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

bounce bounce bounce

Oooo sounds like you got your work cut out then Very Happy

I'll look forward to having a look later on this evening at the piccies and quiz etc, sounds like you all had a great time in London Very Happy

The synchronised screensavers sounds interesting!! Cool

tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Oh, okay, prizes...
So, first up are the postcards which we gave as prizes for the quiz (to everyone! Well, couldn't resist!)

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Postcard_desert

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Postcard_bridge

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Postcard_barn

Then the prizes for the drabble competition:

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Heaven

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Badluck2

*runs and hides under the bed before the photos come out...*

10Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Empty Cal's Artwork... Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Thanks Cal, cat (that's for your kittens to play with)

They were beautiful prizes, and they look fantastic up on here.
You didn't tell everyone about the lovely badges you had made. Cool

Anyway, I apologise for the delay, but the last couple of days have been frantic, yesterday was just a wild rush trying to get the Winchester Squeeze tickets for Asylum and the single Jared shots - they all sold out in about 6 minutes!! Anyway I was victorious cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers for me, birdie and Alena, and we are now looking forward to photos with Jensen, Misha, Jared and the Two boys together. I think I will need oxygen afterwards!! lol cherry drunken cyclops drunken cherry
I am gonna put up a separate thread for the quiz, now that I've added the bits I missed out for the Hilton, the prizes have already been won, so it'll be just for fun and I'll put the answers up in another thread...
Now for the piccies...
Back in a mo, and I'll see if I can post them!

11Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Empty Hilton Meeting random piccies Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Syncronised Screensaver Laptopping

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Dsc00410

Evidence of the tea and stickies...It's not all about lusting over the boys - we eat and drink too!!

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Dsc00411

So,how many laptops can you see here? There're 5 plus another 2 offscreen

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Dsc00412

Ooh, that must be a pretty picture of Dean!! lmao (L to R Alena Tumbleweed Isis and Me)

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Dsc00413

Here we have Paddington at the station with our Huntergirl mascots - the 'Pass the Pigs' duplicates - modelled from Babybel Cheese wax, they have been photographed on all of our travels. Maybe I'll put up a separate thread just for them!! lol
Mine is the one that looks like a Pig, birdies is the one that looks like a reindeer!

Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Dsc00414

Last edited by Impaladreams on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Great to see the pictures, looks like you all had an enjoyable day.

John

13Quiz and photos etc from the Huntergirls London meeting April 4th 2009 Empty Sculptured Baby Bell Mascots... Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:49 am

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Here's a challenge for you girls on your next meeting....

Everyone to club together and make a 1/4 scale of the Winchester bros using the cheese wax and then stand them next to Paddington!!

Now, thats a challenge!!!! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

Man! That's a lot of cheese!! lol cheers Basketball cheers
We'll see what we can do!
pale bom

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

Yeah, lots of butter bread/toast and juice/water to wash it down with.

Hey Jane, you said that the Hilton lays on an 'all you can eat' buffet.
Ask them for a stack of Mini baby bell! Smile

Impaladreams

Impaladreams

I guess I'll have to phone 'em in advance and get them to deliver a truck load...oooh sculpting Jensen out of anything (even cheese wax bounce ), now there's a thought, and sculpting Jared, even at 1/4 size - he's a big guy! Better make that two truckloads! Basketball cherry Basketball (this is meant to simulate cheese molding!) lol!

We will definately include it on our days events even if we have to scale it down a little more! afro

alena

Hello there- It's been an age since I was on the site. I had a great time at the Hilton and drooled with the best of them. The minutes reflect the studious reflection each person brought to the meeting Wink !!! I'm sure we'll sort out a name before the next millennium.... But the quiz was brainteasing and fun, Cal's prizes wonderful and the company excellent- roll on the next meeting. Very Happy bounce cheers
I've got some pics (still on my camera) which I will try to add to the stuff already up (sometime this century).
P.S. I'm not sure there's enough babybel cheese in the world to make Jared Wink

supernaturalfan

supernaturalfan

alena wrote:Hello there- It's been an age since I was on the site. I had a great time at the Hilton and drooled with the best of them. The minutes reflect the studious reflection each person brought to the meeting Wink !!! I'm sure we'll sort out a name before the next millennium.... But the quiz was brainteasing and fun, Cal's prizes wonderful and the company excellent- roll on the next meeting. Very Happy bounce cheers
I've got some pics (still on my camera) which I will try to add to the stuff already up (sometime this century).
P.S. I'm not sure there's enough babybel cheese in the world to make Jared Wink

Hey Alena

As I said to Denise, the mini babybel cheese sculpture Winchester comp at the Hilton would make for a fun one but yeah, a hell of a lot of mini baby bel would be required! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum